‘The Hemp Shop Bakes’ hopes to inspire you to incorporate hemp into your everyday recipes with exciting, healthy updates on some indulgent and classic favorites.
We love to talk about how our beloved hemp plant is one of the most versatile and eco-friendly plants cultivated by man! Did you know that as well as it being one of the most environmentally friendly it is also one of the most nutritious?
Read on for our original, delicious Hemp Orange & Almond Cupcakes which have been created to add nutritional value to some serious tasty delights. Don’t forget to share your creations with us on social!
2 Large Oranges
6 Free-Range Eggs
250g Caster Sugar
200g Ground Almonds
50g Hemp Flour
1Tbsp Baking Powder
– Wash the oranges thoroughly
– Bring water to the boil in a large saucepan of water and gently cook the oranges as a whole for two hours
– Leave the oranges to cool, before slicing in quarters and removing the pips
– Pulp the oranges in a food processor
– Preheat the oven to 160°c and grease cake tin of choice
– Sieve the hemp flour and baking powder together before adding to the almonds in a ‘dry mix’
– Whisk the eggs and mix in the orange pulp and sugar
– Gradually stir in the dry mix ingredients into a nice, smooth batter
– Pour into the cake tin and cook for about an hour for a large cake (20 minutes for small cakes), until the cake is golden in colour and has risen
– Transfer to a wire cooling rack, keeping the cake in the tin
– When the cake has cooled, carefully remove from the tin
– We used a pastry brush to glaze Apricot Jam over ours and then added some blanched almonds to finish them off
This recipe was created by our in-house Hemp baker Jess. Look out for more of her delectable recipes on our Instagram here
We hope you enjoy creating these delicious cakes! If you do we’d love to see what you come up with! You can tag/@ us on Twitter Facebook or Instagram using our handle @thehempshop, or join our new baking community using #thehempshopbakes or share directly on our profiles/messages. We look forward to seeing your creations!
Love from The Hemp Shop x